Marble cake gives you the best of both worlds because you get chocolate and vanilla. Who can resist that? This recipe for Austrian Marbled Cake is divine. It takes 90 minutes to prepare this decadent dessert that serves 10 people. This recipe combines sweet and decadent flavors like lemon, cocoa, and rum to create a rich confectionary delight. This cake is moist, rich, and perfect for any occasion. Happy cooking and enjoy!
- 380 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 7 eggs
- 150 grams confectioner's sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 lemon
- 200 milliliters whole milk
- 150 milliliters oil
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoon rhum
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Mix in a bowl 300 gr. flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Separate the eggs.
- IN a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks, confectioner's sugar, salt, vanilla, sugar and lemon zest until frothy (at least 10 minutes).
- In a large bowl combine milk and the remaining flour and whisk until smooth, then add the yolk mixture.
- Pour the oil in a steady stream while stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the remaining flour to the egg mixture.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites. When they are foamy, gradually add the sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter with a rubber spatula.
- In another bowl, mix the cocoa and the rum and add one third of the cake batter, mix gently.
- Grease a cake pan or bundt cake pan.
- Pour half the vanilla batter. With a spoon, top with the chocolate batter, and finish with the remaining vanilla batter.
- Bake for about 1 hour until a knife inserted on the center of cake comes out dry.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before unmolding it and then let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories450Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.