Austrian Marbled CakeOn dine chez Nanou
Marble cake gives you the best of both worlds because you get chocolate and vanilla. Who can resist that? This recipe for Austrian Marbled Cake is divine. It takes 90 minutes to prepare this decadent dessert that serves 10 people. This recipe combines sweet and decadent flavors like lemon, cocoa, and rum to create a rich confectionary delight. This cake is moist, rich, and perfect for any occasion. Happy cooking and enjoy!
- 380 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 7 eggs
- 150 grams confectioners sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 lemon
- 200 milliliters whole milk
- 150 milliliters oil
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoon rhum
- 1Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- 2Mix in a bowl 300 gr. flour and baking powder, set aside.
- 3Separate the eggs.
- 4IN a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks, confectioner's sugar, salt, vanilla, sugar and lemon zest until frothy (at least 10 minutes).
- 5In a large bowl combine milk and the remaining flour and whisk until smooth, then add the yolk mixture.
- 6Pour the oil in a steady stream while stirring constantly.
- 7Gradually add the remaining flour to the egg mixture.
- 8With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites. When they are foamy, gradually add the sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- 9Gently fold the egg whites into the batter with a rubber spatula.
- 10In another bowl, mix the cocoa and the rum and add one third of the cake batter, mix gently.
- 11Grease a cake pan or bundt cake pan.
- 12Pour half the vanilla batter. With a spoon, top with the chocolate batter, and finish with the remaining vanilla batter.
- 13Bake for about 1 hour until a knife inserted on the center of cake comes out dry.
- 14Let cool for about 10 minutes before unmolding it and then let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- 15Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories450Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.