- 750 grams minced steak (ground beef)
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 3/4 water (extra)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 60 grams beef dripping
- 375 grams puff pastry (Purchased)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- Filling: Place meat into pan and stir over low heat until well browned. Pour off fat. Add crumbled stock cubes, water, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir until boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Combine flour and extra water, add to meat and stir until combined. Return to heat and stir until meat boils and thickens. Add soy sauce (for colour) and
- Pie Base: Sift flour and salt. Place water and dripping into saucepan, stir until dripping melts. Remove from heat. Make a well in centre of flour and add liquid. Stir until combined. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out pastry to line 8 greased pie tins.
- Cut excess pastry from edges. (Hold pie tins upside down and trim upside down). Fill centre with cold meat filling.
- Pie Top: Roll out puff pastry and cut rounds for top of pies. Wet edges of base pastry and gently press tops in place. Trim around edges with sharp knife. Pierce centre with a sharp knife. Brush tops with combined egg yolk and water. Bake in hot oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce heat to moderate and cook for a further 10 minutes.
|Calories920Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.