Auntie Grace's Chocolate CakeO Meu Tempero
You don't need to know Aunt Grace to appreciate her recipe for chocolate cake. In fact, it's so easy to prepare and utterly delicious to eat that you may be tempted to take all the credit yourself. Unsweetened chocolate is what gives the cake its intense flavor, while eggs, oil, and boiling water combine to impart much moistness. The ingredients are all beaten together before being poured into the pan, which can be dusted with cocoa powder instead of flour if preferred.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1 square chocolate bars (unsweetened, melted and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 milliliters hot water
- 1Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- 2Beat all the ingredients, except the water.
- 3When well blended, add the hot water, and beat again.
- 4Pour the batter in a greased and floured cake pan.
- 5Bake for approximately for 40 minutes.