These braised chops have a traditional fruit and pork flavor. Serve with boiled new potatoes and a tossed green salad.
- 2 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves (OR peach preserves)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- vegetable oil
- For sauce, in a small saucepan combine apricot preserves, garlic and soy sauce; bring to boiling. Stir orange juice into cornstarch and add to saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and brown 2 minutes on each side; pour half of the orange-apricot sauce over chops. Cover tightly; cook over low heat for 4 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Serve chops with remaining orange-apricot sauce.