- toasted sesame oil
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu (cut into slices thick as a pencil)
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (freshly grated, peeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch asparagus (trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 pinch salt (fine-grain sea)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 handful cashews (toasted, chopped up a bit)
- 3 handfuls spinach (or chopped kale, or chopped chard)
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 handful fresh mint (slivered)
- 1 handful fresh basil (slivered)
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Shireen Burley 5 Jun
Jane Fisher 1 May
Very tasty! I didn't have everything needed, so subbed lemon for lime, another similar sauce instead of hoisin, and served it with rice. My husband, toddler and I all cleared our plates.
Jean 21 Mar
So good even the kids liked it!
Mata Monge 13 Dec 2017
Delicious dinner idea!!
Kelly Christie 29 Nov 2017
Very tasty and loaded with healthy ingredients! Easy to make.
Nash Edge 11 Nov 2017
It was delicious. I added mushrooms. Can’t wait to make it again
Ty 2 Nov 2017
Amazing. I will reduce the lime 2nd time around.
jess 22 Oct 2017
tasty! the balance of lime, cashews and herbs....man. it was perfect. i usually don't like cooked spinach but i didnt even notice it. wonderful.
Jaclyne C. 11 Jan 2017
Wow I I love this dish!! Amazing flavors. It was so easy and quick. We ate it over brown rice. I also used almonds in addition to cashews and used both spinach and kale.
Mandy D. 24 May 2016
A favorite since it was first published in Super Natural Cooking. It's become a regular in my rotation of quick and easy, but healthy meals.