- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 10 ounces firm tofu (drained on kitchen paper, cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 2 inches fresh root ginger (peeled, finely shredded)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 pounds asparagus (green, woody ends snapped off, cut into 3 pieces)
- 8 ounces broccolini (cut into 3 pieces)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms (halved)
- 4 baby bok choy (quartered)
- 6 green onions (trimmed, sliced, plus extra, shredded, to serve)
- 1 red chili (small, deseeded, finely chopped)
- steamed rice (to serve)
- In a dish, whisk together the sweet soy sauce, soy sauce and 1 tbsp oil. Add tofu. Turn to coat, then remove. Reserve marinade.
- Heat half the remaining oil in a wok or frying pan on high. Cook tofu in 2 batches for 1 min each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat rest of oil in same pan on high. Stir-fry ginger and garlic for 1 min. Add asparagus and broccolini. Stir-fry for 1 min. Add 1 tbsp water and stir-fry for 1 min.
- Add mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 min. Toss in the bok choy, green onions, chili and reserved marinade. Stir-fry for a further 2 mins.
- Return tofu to wok and stir-fry gently to heat. Top with shredded green onion and serve with rice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Patrick M. 11 Feb 2016
Simple and easy. The ratio of vegetables was a bit off so next time I will be adding more mushrooms and maybe some rice wine vinegar and fish sauce to help balance the flavors. Oh, make sure to use asparagus that is roughly the same size. I had some undercooked because it was bigger than the rest