Asparagus and Mint CreamMarmita
Grown under the ground, white asparagus are the lighter counterpart to their green cousin or what most of us think of when we picture asparagus. Featuring white asparagus, this Asparagus and Mint Cream soup is a hearty and creamy soup that can be served for lunch or dinner. Combining the flavors and textures of white asparagus, potatoes, onions, garlic, and mint, this soup is filling and flavorful. Serve this Asparagus and Mint Cream with homemade croutons.
- 350 grams white asparagus (fresh)
- 200 grams potatoes
- 1 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 mint leaves
- 850 milliliters water
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 20 grams fresh coriander
- 2 slices bread (Mafra, or whole wheat bread)
- olive oil
- 1Peel the asparagus with a potato peeler, from the base to the tip.
- 2Boil the asparagus with the potato, onion, 1 garlic clove, mint, and water.
- 3Once cooked, in the food processor, grind everything (including the mint) very well until it becomes a silky cream, season, and bring to boil for 3 minutes with the pinch of olive oil.
- 4Use a knife to cut the bread coarsely. In a food processor, add the sauce, 1 garlic clove, and chop finely.
- 5In a saucepan, add the sauce and the bread, and bring to a boil with a smidgen of olive oil.
- 6Saute until obtaining desired consistency.
- 7Serve the cream and croutons hot, with a drizzle of olive oil on top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories190Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.