Welcome spring with this asparagus dish. Serve along side with your Easter ham or give Mom the day off and serve with Gingered Chops with Cherry-Orange Sauce.
- 2 pounds asparagus (fresh, trimmed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon (style mustard)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons bread crumbs (toasted)
- 6 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Steam asparagus spears until tender; drain and place on serving platter. In small jar with tight-fitting lid, shake together oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. When ready to serve (can be served warm or at room temperature), pour vinaigrette evenly over asparagus, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and garnish with cherry tomato halves.