- 1 pie crust (10-inch pre-baked)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 white onion (small, cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1/2 red pepper (medium, cored and seeded and cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1 cup fresh spinach (chopped)
- 20 asparagus tips
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In the chopper attachment bowl with blade of the KitchenAid® Pro Line® Cordless Hand Blender, place the onion and red pepper. Insert chopper adapter into motor body and lock adapter onto bowl. Chop on speed 4 for 5 seconds or until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat and melt butter. Add in the onion and red pepper and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until beginning to soften. Add in spinach and asparagus tips and cook for 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Insert the whisk into whisk adapter and adapter into the motor body of the hand blender and set to speed 4. Add the eggs, milk, and flour into the blending pitcher and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Spread the shredded cheese evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of the pre-baked pie crust. Distribute the sautéd vegetables evenly over the cheese. Pour the egg mixture over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until custard is set.
- Tip: Add in any chopped vegetable variation desired. Such as, mushrooms, green pepper, jalapeño, or tomato, to name a few.