- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or vegetable oil, or slightly more, depending on the pan you have)
- 3 tablespoons red onion (minced, or shallots)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (I used minced garlic from a jar but fresh garlic would be even better)
- 2 tablespoons ginger root (grated)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (I used Tamari)
- 1 tablespoon chile-garlic sauce (or slightly more if you like spicy foods)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (probably optional, although I like fish sauce!)
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro (about 1/2 large bunch)
- 1/3 cup peanuts (chopped, optional, especially for braces wearers!)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 heads Boston lettuce
PER SERVING *
|Calories310Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Katie Grech 14 days ago
delicious. i used Quorn vegetarian mince.
Joanna VonSeggern 27 Jun
I put the peanuts into the mixture the same time as the cilantro. Best lettuce wrap recipe I’ve found so far! Wish I had doubled it!
Terry Jeffery 13 Jan
This is my daughter's favorite dish and I must admit it ranks in my upper echelon as well. If you prep first it is quite easy to prepare as well.
Jeff Henkemeyer 28 Oct 2017
Quite good. Added a TBSP of hoisin sauce along with doubling up garlic and ginger. So good so easy.
Shizuko J. 27 Sep 2017
Very flavorful but I used less meat than recommended. Same amount of sauce.
Kim Paul 3 Sep 2017
This is one of the best things I've ever made!! My husband couldn't stop eating it. Spices make for great flavor. Thank you!!