Asian Zoodle SoupKITCHENAID
This Asian style soup is flavored with ginger, soy and garlic and is served with traditional Asian soup toppings. You can leave the zucchini “zoodles” long, so you can slurp them up!
- 1 onion (medium, peeled)
- 2 medium zucchini (approx. 7” x 2”)
- 2 Tbsp. oil (canola or safflower, divided)
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger (peeled and finely grated)
- 1/2 tsp. Chinese 5 spice powder
- 49 oz. low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- lime wedges (for topping)
- fresh basil (for topping)
- fresh mint (for topping)
- fresh cilantro (for topping)
- mung bean sprouts (for topping)
- Sriracha (for topping)
- Trim the ends off onion and zucchini, then cut to fit spiralizer attachment (if necessary). Use the fine spiralizing blade to spiralize:½ cup onion, 6 cups zucchini
- Use kitchen shears or a knife to cut the spirals into desired lengths.
- Heat oil in pot (4-‐quart or larger) over medium heat. Add mushroom and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened and beginning to brown. Add garlic, ginger and 5-spice powder. Stir for 30 seconds. Add broth and soy sauce, bring to simmer, reduce heat to maintain a low simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes. When almost ready to serve, stir soup while drizzling the beaten eggs into the soup in a thin stream. Add the cilantro and lime juice.
- Cook the zoodles: Heat a large skillet (12-inch or larger) over medium heat and add 1-tablespoon oil. Add zoodles and sprinkle with salt. Cook the zoodles while tossing with tongs for 2-3 minutes or until slightly softened and just starting to release some juices.
- Divide the zoodles evenly among 4 bowls and top with soup. Serve toppings self‐serve style.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories220Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes