Looking for a new savory dish to top rice or potatoes? Why not try Asian Style Hake Fillets in Butter Sauce with Cilantro and Lemon. This low-calorie meal uses cold-water hake, which is a deep sea fish in the cod family that is known to be firm, sweet white meat with a medium flake to it. This makes it the perfect main ingredient in the savory, sweet and flavorful meal.
- 4 hake fillets (ultra-frozen)
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 60 milliliters water
- 120 grams butter
- 3 tablespoons chili paste (sweet)
- fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 leeks
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coriander (chopped)
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- Cook the fish for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the skin peels off easily.
- Place the water, butter, chili paste, and grated ginger in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Then add the leek, sliced celery, and lemon juice. Cook for 2 minutes. Just before serving, add the chopped coriander.
- Place the hake on the serving dish, drizzle generously with the sauce. Serve with white rice, or thinly sliced fried potatoes.