If you love Asian inspired dishes, but hate to spend so much money eating out all the time, then try this Asian Way Chicken and Gambas with Herb Salad and Soba Noodles. This dish is decadent and packed with hearty and healthy fresh ingredients. Invite over some friends for dinner and a movie, then pick up these ingredients and enjoy the surprises on their faces when they are served this beautiful and decadent dish.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 12 shrimp
- 3 centimeters fresh ginger (cut into small pieces)
- 1 stalk lemongrass (cut into small pieces)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- mixed salad
- roasted peanuts (crushed)
- soba noodles
- Sprinkle the chicken and shrimp with ginger and lemongrass.
- Place in a plastic freezer bag.
- Dissolve 2 teaspoons sugar in 4 tbsp fish sauce and pour this mixture into the bag. Mix well and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken and shrimp.
- Cook noodles according to the package instructions and set aside.
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces and grate the carrots.
- In a bowl mix 2 tbsp fish sauce, rice vinegar, 1 tbsp oil, lemon juice, and 1 tbsp sugar together to form a dressing.
- Add the salad and herbs.
- On a plate, arrange a little bit of salad, pasta, vegetables, diced chicken, and shrimp.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanut and serve immediately.