Asian Spinach with PaprikaLa Cocina de Babel
Inspired by Asian cuisine, this spinach dish is completely vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free. Simmered together in one pan, this dish combines the flavors of garlic, scallions, and sweet paprika with soy sauce. Top with toasted sesame seeds after cooking for a delightful crunch with each bite. Ready in just 25 minutes, this is a great meal option when you are in a rush and want to get dinner out to the table quickly. Serve alongside steamed rice.
- 1/2 kilogram frozen spinach
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves (diced)
- 2 scallions (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (sweet or hot)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 100 milliliters soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1Defrost the spinach and drain it well.
- 2In a dry pan, toast the sesame seeds a few seconds. Set aside.
- 3In a bowl, combine the garlic, scallions, and paprika.
- 4Heat up the olive oil and sesame oil in a wok or deep skillet and saute the garlic, scallions, and paprika until everything has softened.
- 5Add the spinach and stir everything together. Then add the soy sauce and sugar and stir again. Simmer everything together for 5 minutes on low heat.
- 6Serve with the toasted sesame seeds sprinkled on top.