Slightly salty, slightly sweet, this soy and sesame roasted broccoli is addictive!
- 1 bag broccoli florets (1 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make sure the broccoli florets are roughly 1-inch wide. Place them in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the tamari, sesame oil, brown sugar and crushed red pepper (if using). Toss until the florets are evenly coated.
- Pro tip: No large mixing bowl? Use a plastic zip-top bag instead. Place the broccoli and seasonings inside, seal and shake!
- Arrange the broccoli florets onto the baking sheet.
- Roast for 22-25 minutes on the middle rack of oven, stirring halfway through the cooking time, until the broccoli is crisp-tender and slightly charred.
- Check to see that broccoli is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Sprinkle the florets with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Bethany Shields 3 days ago
amazin! would recommend!
Luis Zamudio 3 days ago
The best broccoli recipe yet!
Christine R. 16 days ago
WAY too much soy sauce. The broccoli tasted like salt.
Nick S. 19 days ago
Used a little soy glaze with the sesame oil. came out tasty, a little on the salty side, next time i will.go even lighter on the drizzle... fershizzle
Vinci Allen-Steward a month ago
It had a bit too much "bite" to it. Tgus, I'd use a smaller amounts of seasoning. Word of caution, if you can help it, use fresh florets rather than freezer held broccoli.