Asian Pepper Pot With Roasted PorkPork Foodservice
- 10 pounds boneless lean pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 1/2 cups pineapple (tidbits canned in juice, reserve juice)
- 6 cups green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 6 cups red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 3 cups carrots (peeled and cubed)
- 2 cups brown sugar (packed firm)
- 1 cup corn starch
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (ground red pepper)
- 2 quarts brown rice
- 1Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not cover.
- 2Insert meat thermometer into the center of the roast.
- 3Roast at 325° Fahrenheit until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 4(Approximate oven time may vary depending on oven use, and weight of pork being cooked. Start checking with a thermometer an hour into cooking time.)
- 5Remove from the oven and allow the roast to “rest” for 15 minutes.
- 6Place into a shallow pan. Cover and refrigerate, cooling to 40° Fahrenheit within 4 hours.
- 7Cube chilled roast into approximately ½ inch by ½ inch cubes.
- 8Melt butter in a skillet or tilting fry pan. Add pork.
- 9Sauté pork over medium high heat for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 10Drain pineapple, reserving the juice.
- 11Add pineapple, peppers and carrots to pork and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- 12In a separate bowl whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, pineapple juices, broth, vinegar, soy sauce, molasses, garlic and spices.
- 13Stir cornstarch mixture into the pork mixture in the skillet.
- 14Heat through, stirring gently until the mixture thickens.
- 15Hold at 140° Fahrenheit until ready to serve.
- 16Cook rice according to package instructions.
- 17Serve hot pork and pepper mixture over rice.
- 18Place mixture in 2 inch shallow pans. Cover and place on rack in the cooler. Do not stack pans. Allow f air to circulate around the pans. Cool to 40° Fahrenheit within 4 hours.
- 19 Reheat product to 165° degrees or higher for at least 1 minute. Stir gently to distribute heat evenly. Hold at 140° Fahrenheit or higher to serve.