- 2 tablespoons lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root (finely grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 2 Asian pears (peeled and sliced into matchsticks)
- 1 cucumber (large, peeled, seeded, and sliced into matchsticks)
- 3 scallions (white and green parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal.)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (coarsely chopped)
- salt (To taste)
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts (coarsely chopped)
- Whisk lime juice, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, and chile in a medium bowl. Add Asian pears, cucumber, scallions, and cilantro, and mix well. Season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle the slaw with peanuts and serve with a slotted spoon onto 6 dinner plates alongside each Chinese Five-Spice-and-Maple-Glazed Pork Chop.