- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger root (minced)
- 2 tablespoons green onion (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breast (cut ½ inch pieces)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
PER SERVING *
|Calories840Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Hello 13 days ago
It tastes like lemon chicken with a twist.
Daw 14 days ago
Love the comment about it not being like fast food orange chicken at all, in my eyes that’s a compliment. Very tasty recipe, and easy to change the amount of orange flavor by using less lemon juice.
Camille L. 19 days ago
Very tasty and something new and fairly simple to try as a 16 year old girl. I did use less cornstarch as it wasn't dissolving properly and turned out fine.
Shilpa 21 days ago
Needed a lot more oil to brown it properly and keep the breading from falling off the chicken and creating a giant mush. Maybe skip the breading part. The sauce was not enough to coat all the chicken well enough and the sauce tasted too orangey to me. Not like fast food orange chicken at all. Will not make this again.
Marceia F. 27 days ago
Carol 12 Jun
Good it was easy to make and delirious
Morgan Demir 29 May
The sauce turned out really well. But I didn’t coated the chicken in flour, I just cooked it then coated it with the sauce.
Amenabar 11 Nov 2017
Great recipe, easy the marinate takes time but well worth the wait!
Cedoz 21 Aug 2017
Fantastic!!! Will definitely make it again without breading the chicken