- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger (peeled and finely chopped, from 1 [3- to 4-inch] piece)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (finely, from about 5 medium cloves)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds bone (in, skin-on chicken thighs, drumsticks, or breasts, or a combination of all three)
PER SERVING *
|Calories80Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Chai Hernandez 26 days ago
Chicken turned out really juicy and packed with flavor! Passed on the fresh ginger, will try next time with all ingredients! Paired with jasmine rice, and a blend of fresh zucchini, squash, and sweet peppers.
Rose 7 Oct
Delicious and so easy to make. love the ginger and brown sugar, 2nd time making this. This time we spatchcocked the chicken and got way more bang for our buck. Served it with red potatoes, onions with mushrooms. Give it a try!
Bianca Moreno 3 Sep
Chicken came out super moist! I cut back on the ginger because I couldn’t get my hands on fresh ginger (used ground ginger 1 tbsp). Served it with some sweet plantain and white rice🤤
Steph F. 19 May 2017
the ginger dominated the flavor. I didn't care for how strong it was. seemed like it needed some offsetting spice, pepper flakes maybe, less ginger. We used thighs for a heartier meat. not sure that i would make that again.
Adrienne Hisoler 18 Feb 2017
I used this marinade for chicken breasts but it wound up raining and I couldn't barbecue it. I threw it in a crockpot with broccoli and I will say I think the chicken would have been better barbecued, or at least browned, but it was still good. The broccoli however, was amazing. I am going to try a modification with just broccoli today.
Kennya J. 16 Feb 2017
Favorite chicken recipe!! I would not modify the recipe st all,great flavor and the chicken is just so delicious. Goes great with white rice and asparagus.
Skyler R. 29 Mar 2016
It turned out yummy I'm 13 and am a a beginning cook can't wait to try more recipes😜i would so make this again for my mom and stepdad
Madhu C. 3 Sep 2015
Tried this today. Tasted awesome. Full of flavour. Next time will try to add one or two star anice to the marinade. Outstanding results for the effort involved.