Colorful and delicious, this salad is the perfect side dish to go with Chinese BBQ ribs or grilled teriyaki kabobs.
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix
- 1 cup snow peas (thinly sliced, lengthwise)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (thinly, cut on the diagonal)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced in matchstick size strips)
- peanuts (Garnish with, if desired)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands Sesame Seeds
- Combine Asian Coleslaw ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- For the dressing, whisk rice vinegar with soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and sesame oil in a medium size bowl. Continue to whisk and gradually drizzle in oil. Pour dressing over coleslaw and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- Serving Suggestions:
- Garnish with additional minced green onion, fresh minced cilantro and chopped honey roasted peanuts,if desired.
- For a special presentation, top this beautiful salad with quick-fried rice noodles:
- Break 2 ounces of thin rice noodles into 2 batches. Place a double layer of paper towels on a plate. Heat 1-inch of canola oil in a large saucepan to 350°F. Add one batch of the noodles to the hot oil and cook until they puff up and whiten, about 5 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to the paper towels to drain. Repeat for the remaining noodles.
PER SERVING *
|Calories60Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.