- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (halved crossways)
- 1 cup marinade (store-bought Asian)
- 5 ounces snow peas (halved diagonally)
- 2 ounces green beans (halved diagonally)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves (small)
- 9 ounces tempura batter mix (store-bought)
- vegetable oil (to deep fry)
- 1 1/4 pounds sweet potato (skin scrubbed, thinly sliced into rounds)
- Combine chicken and 1/3 cup of the marinade in a glass bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 mins to marinate. Drain chicken; discard marinade. Place remaining 2/3 cup marinade in a saucepan; stir in 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill chicken for 10 mins, turning, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate; cover with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring reserved marinade mixture in saucepan to a simmer on medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until reduced by half. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place snow peas and green beans in a bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 mins. Drain; return to bowl. Add sesame oil, sesame seeds and basil; toss to coat well.
- Place tempura mix in a bowl. Whisk in 1/2 cup iced water until just combined (mixture will still have lumps). Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan on medium heat (oil is ready when a cube of bread crisps quickly without absorbing oil). Dip sweet potato into batter; drain excess. Deep fry, in batches, for 3 mins or until crisp and cooked (coating won't become golden). Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels. Divide sesame vegetables and chicken among serving plates; drizzle with warm marinade sauce. Serve with sweet potato tempura.
PER SERVING *
|Calories460Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.