- 1 chicken breast
- 1 package wild rice (_, 7_oz. long grain and, prepared according to package dirctions and cooled)
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 can water chestnuts (_, 8_oz., chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 dash sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 can mandarin oranges (_, 11_oz., drained)
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place on baking sheet and roast 30-40 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Mix chicken and rice with celery, onion, water chestnuts, pepper and almonds.
- In a separate bowl whisk Hellman's, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, vinegar, dash of sesame seed oil, lemon juice, vinegar,and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Toss. To serve place a mound of salad atop lettuce leaves and garnish with mandarin oranges. Makes 6 1-cup servings.
- My family enjoys chicken salads and I created this receipe as a healthy, light , one dish dinner that is especially delicious on warm summer evenings. This recipe has also been a big hit at showers and parties. Hellman's has always been my choice of mayonnaise for its creaminess and tangy flavor.