- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 8 cups salt (reduced chicken stock)
- 10 ounces chicken breast (trimmed)
- 7 ounces rice vermicelli
- 1 bunch baby bok choy (shredded coarsely)
- 2 medium carrots (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 pint baby corn (sliced diagonally)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (coarsely)
- 6 green onions (finely sliced diagonally)
- Combine oil, garlic, ginger and chili in a large saucepan. Stir over medium heat until aromatic.
- Add the stock and chicken breast to the saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer gently until chicken is just cooked through. Remove chicken from saucepan.
- Bring soup back to a boil and add the noodles and cook until almost tender. Add bok choy, carrots and corn, and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until the bok choy leaves are bright green.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the chicken and cilantro. Serve soup topped with the green onions.