- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup carrots (diced, about 2 large)
- 6 green onions (sliced, 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (minced peeled)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- black pepper
- 6 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 cups napa cabbage (slightly packed chopped)
- 6 ounces crimini mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 5/16 ounces ramen (seasoning packets discarded)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
PER SERVING *
|Calories450Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Madeline B. 18 days ago
Prep time was reasonable and directions for cooking the chicken were spot on. Overall, pretty cheap and easy, a little spicy, but awesome flavor!!
Vladmir Cerqueira 20 days ago
Very good, sweet and spicy!
Shell 4 Nov
Love this recipe. We are making it again for the 2nd time this month!
Tiffani McNeill 23 Aug
Soup turned out great, i skipped the siracha and ramen, and used costco rotisserie chicken, then added bean sprouts and rice noodles at the end. Possibilities are endless with this soup the stock is delicious!
Lisa Cannon-Bonilla 9 Jun
I changed it a little bit and used 8 cups total of veggie broth and chicken broth. Added an extra 3 oz. of ramen noodle and added shredded cooked chicken thigh meat at the end. Omitted sugar used honey. No sriracha cilantro or cabbage since it wasn’t on hand. Used a tbsp less rice vinegar. Used ground ginger instead of fresh. Still very flavorful! Nice Asian soup recipe.
Carol L. 14 Apr 2017
Delicious! The list of ingredients is long but so worth it. I threw in diced grilled chicken instead of cooking from scratch and I also skipped the napa cabbage (none on hand) and the sriracha (my husband doctored his own bowl) and the broth was still very flavourful. I will make this again!
Reese Chapman 20 Jan 2017
Very good. Loved the Napa Cabage in it. Put only 1/2 tsp of Sriracha Sauce. Next time I'll put half the chicken and dice it really small.
Wendy S. 16 Feb 2016
I have become obsessed with the fancy ramen soups being served in restaurants. This tastes just like the best of the ones I have tried.