Funded by the Beef Checkoff
- 2 beef top loin strip steaks (cut 3/4 inch thick, about 10 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup asian style dressing (light, divided)
- 1 1/4 cups long-grain and wild rice blend (not quick-cooking)
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 red bell pepper (medium, cut into 3/4-inch pieces)
- 1 1/4 cups hothouse cucumber (cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices)
- 1 1/4 cups frozen shelled edamame (thawed)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (thinly, divided)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place beef steaks and 1/3 cup dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in boiling water according to package directions omitting butter and salt, if desired. Place in large bowl; cool.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Add bell pepper, cucumber, edamame, 2 tablespoons green onion, cilantro and remaining 1/3 cup dressing to rice; toss to combine. Season with salt, as desired.
- Carve steaks into slices. Place rice salad on serving plate. Arrange steak over rice; top with remaining 2 tablespoons green onion.