- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast (cubed and trimmed, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks)
- 2 carrots (medium, chopped, about 1 cup)
- 1 fennel bulb (medium, chopped, about 1 cup)
- 1 onion (large, chopped, about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 jar Bertolli® Riserva Asiago Cheese with Artichokes Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves (or thinly sliced basil leaves)
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta
- Preheat oven 350°. Heat olive oil in large oven-safe saucepot over medium high heat. Season meat with salt and pepper, if desired. Add meat, cook until brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots, fennel, and onions. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened. Stir in Bertolli® Riserva Asiago Cheese with Artichokes Sauce and crushed red pepper. Cover with tight-fitting lid or foil. Bake 2 hours or until meat easily shreds with a fork.
- Shred beef with fork or use a potato masher. Toss beef, Sauce, 1 cup pasta cooking liquid, and parsley with cooked pasta. Garnish with additional parsley leaves and shredded Parmesan if desired.
- Slow Cooker Variation: Combine beef, carrots, fennel, onion and Bertolli® Gold Label Imported Asiago Cheese with Artichokes Sauce in slow cooker. Cook HIGH 4-6 hours or LOW 8-10 hours, until thoroughly cooked and beef shreds with a fork.
|Calories540Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.