Arugula, Mozzarella, Sun-dried Tomato, and Basil Oil BruschettaO Meu Tempero
Sun-dried tomatoes are a great source of umami, that sixth flavor that provides depth to everything, plus they have a chewy texture that enhances salads and other dishes, including the topping for bruschetta in this recipe. The tomatoes are tossed with arugula, fresh mozzarella, and basil olive oil made by blending fresh basil and oil and which would also be great drizzled over sliced ripe tomatoes or peaches, or grilled fish or chicken.
- 3 slices bread (homemade)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 mozzarella cheese (ball)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- basil leaves (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 310 F.
- 2Brush the bread slices with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano.
- 3Toast in the oven until golden.
- 4Rub the hot bread slices with garlic, or mince the garlic and spread on bread.
- 5Add the arugula, sliced mozzarella, and dried tomatoes cut in strips.
- 6Finish with a drizzle of basil olive oil.
- 7To make the basil olive oil, grind a few basil leaves, olive oil and a pinch of salt in the blender.