Ground arugula is what gives this couscous its lovely hue and peppery flavor, all the better for serving as a bed for sauteed squid and mixed vegetables, including bell pepper, broccoli florets, carrot, and cherry tomatoes. The squid is first seasoned with soy sauce and hot sauce, adding as much of each as desired before being cooked in the same pan with the vegetables just until the squid is tender and the vegetables retain a bit of bite.
- 1 kilogram squid (frozen)
- salt (to taste)
- soy sauce (to taste)
- hot sauce (to taste)
- extra-virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 leeks (white part only)
- 1 handful broccoli florets
- 1 carrots
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 100 grams arugula
- 150 grams couscous
- 200 milliliters boiling water
- Rinse the squid, removing the insides and the thin membrane from the body. Cut into strips and then cut the tentacles in half.
- Season with salt, soy sauce and hot sauce to taste.
- Heat a frying pan with a little olive oil.
- Cut the the peppers into small squares and the leek into thin strips. Add to pan and saute until softened.
- Add the squid and cook until tender.
- Add the broccoli rosettes. Using a vegetable peeler, slice the carrot into long ribbons and add to the pan along with the whole cherry tomatoes.
- Cook a few minutes allowing the vegetables to remain crisp.
- Grind the arugula in the food processor.
- Place the couscous in a bowl, add a pinch of salt and a little olive oil. Pour boiling water over the couscous.
- When the water is completely absorbed, fluff the couscous with fork. Stir in the arugula.
- Arrange the squid and vegetables on top of the couscous.
- Serve hot.