Arugula Couscous With Squid And VegetablesO Meu Tempero
Ground arugula is what gives this couscous its lovely hue and peppery flavor, all the better for serving as a bed for sauteed squid and mixed vegetables, including bell pepper, broccoli florets, carrot, and cherry tomatoes. The squid is first seasoned with soy sauce and hot sauce, adding as much of each as desired before being cooked in the same pan with the vegetables just until the squid is tender and the vegetables retain a bit of bite.
- 1 kilogram squid (frozen)
- salt (to taste)
- soy sauce (to taste)
- hot sauce (to taste)
- extra-virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 leeks (white part only)
- 1 handful broccoli florets
- 1 carrots
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 100 grams arugula
- 150 grams couscous
- 200 milliliters boiling water
- 1Rinse the squid, removing the insides and the thin membrane from the body. Cut into strips and then cut the tentacles in half.
- 2Season with salt, soy sauce and hot sauce to taste.
- 3Heat a frying pan with a little olive oil.
- 4Cut the the peppers into small squares and the leek into thin strips. Add to pan and saute until softened.
- 5Add the squid and cook until tender.
- 6Add the broccoli rosettes. Using a vegetable peeler, slice the carrot into long ribbons and add to the pan along with the whole cherry tomatoes.
- 7Cook a few minutes allowing the vegetables to remain crisp.
- 8Grind the arugula in the food processor.
- 9Place the couscous in a bowl, add a pinch of salt and a little olive oil. Pour boiling water over the couscous.
- 10When the water is completely absorbed, fluff the couscous with fork. Stir in the arugula.
- 11Arrange the squid and vegetables on top of the couscous.
- 12Serve hot.