Artichoke Soup with Quail Egg and Toasted SeedsKooking
You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Artichoke Soup with Quail Egg and Seeds. This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 4 artichokes
- 1 green onions
- chicken soup
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 quail eggs
- flax seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- 1Remove tough outer leaves from artichokes.
- 2Chop artichokes and cover with half water and half chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 3Chop green onion and add to boiling water with artichokes.
- 4As artichokes become tender, add a drizzle of oil and season with salt to taste.
- 5Heat water in a saucepan, bring to a boil and add a splash of vinegar.
- 6Crack quail eggs and slide eggs into boiling water.
- 7Poach for about 1 minute and carefully remove with a slotted spoon.
- 8In a dry pan, lightly toast flax seed and pumpkin seeds.
- 9To serve, top each cup of artichoke soup with a quail egg.
- 10Garnish with toasted seeds.