You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Artichoke Soup with Quail Egg and Seeds. This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 4 artichokes
- 1 green onion
- chicken soup
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 quail eggs
- flax seed
- pumpkin seeds
- Remove tough outer leaves from artichokes.
- Chop artichokes and cover with half water and half chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Chop green onion and add to boiling water with artichokes.
- As artichokes become tender, add a drizzle of oil and season with salt to taste.
- Heat water in a saucepan, bring to a boil and add a splash of vinegar.
- Crack quail eggs and slide eggs into boiling water.
- Poach for about 1 minute and carefully remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a dry pan, lightly toast flax seed and pumpkin seeds.
- To serve, top each cup of artichoke soup with a quail egg.
- Garnish with toasted seeds.