Risotto can be made into a side dish or a main entree depending on the flavors and other ingredients. This recipe for Risotto with Artichokes is a delicious dish that is packed with hearty white wine, artichokes and soft Risotto rice. Be sure to pick up these tasty ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your family with a decadent dinner. Serve this with your favorite meat main entree.
- 2 shallots
- broth (1.5 lt.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 grams risotto rice
- white wine (20cl.)
- 100 grams artichoke cream
- 1 jar artichokes (smaller poivrade is best)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1Chop the shallots.
- 2Heat 1 1/2 liters of broth.
- 3Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a stew pot, then add the shallots.
- 4Add the risotto rice and mix.
- 5Pour in 20 centiliters of white wine.
- 6Add the broth, one ladle at a time, while gently stirring. Continue until all the broth has been absorbed.
- 7Add artichoke cream. Mix well.
- 8Add salt and pepper.
- 9Heat the artichoke pieces in a pan.
- 10Add to the risotto.
- 11Serve immediately.