Risotto can be made into a side dish or a main entree depending on the flavors and other ingredients. This recipe for Risotto with Artichokes is a delicious dish that is packed with hearty white wine, artichokes and soft Risotto rice. Be sure to pick up these tasty ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your family with a decadent dinner. Serve this with your favorite meat main entree.
- 2 shallots
- broth (1.5 lt.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 grams risotto rice
- white wine (20cl.)
- 100 grams artichoke cream
- 1 jar artichokes (smaller poivrade is best)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Chop the shallots.
- Heat 1 1/2 liters of broth.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a stew pot, then add the shallots.
- Add the risotto rice and mix.
- Pour in 20 centiliters of white wine.
- Add the broth, one ladle at a time, while gently stirring. Continue until all the broth has been absorbed.
- Add artichoke cream. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Heat the artichoke pieces in a pan.
- Add to the risotto.
- Serve immediately.