Arsenio’s Buttery Bica (Galician Cake)EL INVITADO DE INVIERNO
Hailing from the Galicia region of Spain, this recipe for Arsenio's Butter Bica (Galician Cake) is a sweet and flavorful cake that can be served alongside a morning cup of coffee or as an afternoon treat. Made with cornmeal, this Galician cake is a yeasted cake with a texture that is light and fluffy. As it is a yeasted dough, you will need to mix the yeast with flour, salt, and water and let sit for two hours prior to preparing the rest of the cake batter. Serve sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.
- 180 grams butter
- 450 grams sugar
- 8 eggs
- 250 grams cornmeal
- 250 grams cornmeal (mixture of half, and half wheat flour)
- 1 lemon
- 700 grams cornmeal (mixture of half, and half wheat flour)
- 450 grams water (at room temperature)
- 1 envelope yeast
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190 Celsius.
- Make the dough by combining the yeast with the 700 gr. flour mixture. Combine the salt with the water. Make a well in the flour mixture and fill with the salt water. Form into a ball and place into an oiled bowl, covered, for approximately 2 hours.
- Make the bica by creaming the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs along with the zest and mix well.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories2120Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes