- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion
- 2 poblano peppers (roasted, skinned, seeded and cut into thin strips)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup regular or converted rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 knorr chicken flavor bouillon cube
- In 4-quart saucepot, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in peppers, garlic and corn and cook 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove onion mixture and set aside.
- In same saucepot, melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread and cook rice, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in water, Bouillon and onion mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper.
Suet H. 20 Aug 2015
Not bad since I had to use up some of my canned corn. But I ended up saute- ing the oil, onions, garlic, corn and rice (added each ingredient at a time) then I put it all in my rice cooker, added water, salt and pepper and it came out to be a good side dish. Not one that I would make often though.