Arroz Con Pollo VerdeBest Foods
- 4 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread (divided)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1 cup regular or converted rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 16 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema (or sour cream)
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup queso fresco (divided)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2Melt Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in rice and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or rice is until golden. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add water and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes. Stir in corn and cook covered an additional 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 3Remove skillet from heat, then stir in chicken, beans, Mexican crema and salsa verde. Spread 1/2 of the rice mixture in prepared dish; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese, then top with remaining rice and cheese.
- 4Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro.