Aromatic Cod StewHoje para Jantar
This is a stunning appetizer to offer up when friends are stopping by. It's incredibly fragrant, too, as a welcome bonus. To make it, you saute sliced onion and bell pepper with cod and chopped garlic and fresh cilantro and parsley to coax out the flavors of the aromatics. Then you add some milk and simmer until the fish is tender and cooked through. It makes a terrific topping for toasted baguette slices, garnished with chopped chives.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 onions (sliced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 3 cod loins
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 sprig cilantro (chopped)
- 1 sprig parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 baguette
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 sprig chives (chopped)
- 1Heat olive oil in a saucepan.
- 2Arrange layers of onion, sliced pepper, codfish, garlic, cilantro and parsley.
- 3Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- 4Add milk and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and cook until cod is tender.
- 6Slice baguette and toast.
- 7Serve bread on a serving platter and top with cod mixture.
- 8Carefully remove pepper from pan and drizzle fish with sauce.
- 9Garnish with fresh chives.