Light, sugary, and flaky, these Arnhemse Meisjes Dutch Cookies will quickly become a favorite treat. A yeasted cookie dough, these Dutch Cookies are lightly flavored with lime. Allow the dough, which should be a smooth dough, to rest overnight befor…
shaping and baking. Sprinkle the circle shaped cookies with a generous layer of sugar and bake until golden brown. Bake time is 45 minutes. Serve with coffee or tea as a sweet after dinner treat.
- 190 grams flour
- 100 grams milk
- 4 drops lime juice
- 5 grams baker's yeast (fresh)
- 105 grams butter (at room temperature)
- granulated sugar
- In a bowl, mix the flour, milk, lime juice and yeast using an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Divide the butter into 8 portions and add one by one to the mixture at medium-high speed. Add the next portion only after the previous one is fully mixed in. The dough should be smooth.
- Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees Celsius.
- Stretch the dough using a rolling pin on a floured surface until it is very thin.
- Cut out the cookies using an oval (or round) cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on oven trays lined with parchment. Sprinkle with plenty of sugar and pat down so it sticks to the cookies.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool in a cooling rack and serve.
|Calories60Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.