®/™©2023 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Argentinian Smoky Lentil StewLASALSAINGLESA
Argentinian Smoky Lentil Stew
'Guiso' or 'estofado de lentejas' (lentil stew) is a popular dish in Argentina. In this stew, the lentils - an excellent source of plant based protein - are accompanied by barbecue sauce and fresh apple to give this dish a sweet and smoky taste with a depth of flavour that is sometimes lacking in other vegetarian stews. Throughout the world stew is a great winter food and this stew will warm you from your tummy to your toes! Read the full post at lasalsainglesa.com. Recipe adapted from Elizabeth Carrion’s Taste of the World.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and leek and fry for a couple of minutes before adding the garlic, fry until the onion and leeks have softened
- Add the water, lentils and stock cube, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir, and continue to simmer for another 20 minutes until the vegetables are cooked. Check for the consistency while it’s cooking and add more water if needed
- Season to taste and serve with mashed potatoes or crusty bread.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories460Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.