Arbutus Berry JamAnanás e Hortelã
Arbetus berries are also known as the strawberry tree fruit, but they should not be confused with the kind of strawberries you usually eat. These are quite tart and benefit from being combined with lots of sugar, as when making this recipe for jam. If you can't find arbetus berries, feel free to swap in other berries, including strawberries, but you may want to take down the sugar in the recipe depending on their sweetness.
- 450 grams berries (arbutus)
- 300 grams sugar
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1In a saucepan, add the rinsed arbutus, sugar, cinnamon stick and lemon juice. Mix well.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the jam reaches setting point or 220°F.
- 3Remove the cinnamon stick and puree with a hand blender.
- 4Pour the jam into sterilized jars, let cool and refrigerate.