Make the perfect loaf of bread to accompany a meal full of flavors from North Africa or the Middle East with this recipe for Arab Bread. Made with just six simple ingredients, this recipe for Arab Bread provides you with oval shaped loaves that have a light crust and texture. A leavened dough, this Arab Bread requires time to make as it must rest at the various stages of the preparation process. Bake time is just 10 to 12 minutes.
- 300 grams flour
- 200 grams strong flour
- 300 grams water
- 10 grams brewer's yeast
- 1 salt (level tsp.)
- 1 sugar (level tsp., or malt)
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and add it to the two types of flour, then add the sugar.
- Knead the dough on a work surface and after having incorporated all the ingredients, add the salt.
- Knead the dough thoroughly until it is elastic and no longer sticky.
- Place the dough in a floured bowl, cover it with a cloth and let it rise in a warm area until it doubles in size, approximately 1 hour.
- Cut the dough into eight pieces, flatten each piece with a rolling pin to a thickness of 1 centimeter, then shape it into an oval.
- Place the oval arab bread rolls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper, cover with a cloth and let rise for an additional 30 minutes.
- Bake at 250C for approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and enjoy them warm, or cool them then store them for the next day by placing them first in a paper bag and then inside a plastic bag.
PER SERVING *
|Calories460Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.