- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup dried apricot (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (finely)
- Chop apricots by hand or place in food processor or food chopper and pulse until finely chopped. Combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat milk, butter and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. With mixer running on low speed, quickly add flour mixture. Beat for 30 seconds then stop and scrape bowl. Turn mixer to medium-high and beat 30 seconds more or until blended. Reduce speed to low and quickly fold in apricots and walnuts.
- Slowly heat greased griddle or heavy skillet. Drop 1/2 cup batter for each pancake at least 1 inch apart on griddle. Cook until bubbles form on surface and edges become dry. Turn and cook until golden brown on other side. Serve immediately.