- 6 pounds pork spareribs (cut into 2-rib portions)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 cup Smucker’s® Apricot Preserves
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- COMBINE spareribs and garlic in very large saucepot or Dutch oven; cover with water. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour or until spareribs are fork-tender. Remove ribs to platter and grill immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- COMBINE preserves, onion, ketchup, brown sugar, oil, soy sauce, ginger and salt in small saucepan; mix well. Heat to boiling; boil 1 minute. Cover and refrigerate.*
- HEAT grill to medium heat. Place cooked spareribs on grill. Cook 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through, turning spareribs often. Brush occasionally with apricot glaze during last 10 minutes of cooking.
- *To make ahead, prepare recipe to this point.
- The precooked spareribs can be broiled in the oven. Place spareribs on broiler pan; brush with some apricot glaze. Broil 7 to 9 inches from heat 7 to 8 minutes, brushing with apricot glaze halfway through cooking time. Turn ribs, brush with apricot glaze and broil for 5 to 6 minutes, brushing with apricot glaze halfway through cooking time.
|Calories1440Calories from Fat960|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat960|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.