- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature but not melted)
- 1/2 tablespoon dark brown sugar (cup+ 2)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt ([recommended])
- 2 cups chickpea flour ([besan])
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons almonds (silvered, toasted [optional])
- 1/8 baking soda (th Pinch of, [less than tsp])
- Set your oven to pre heat at 375 F /180 C degrees.
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix the all-purpose flour, chickpea flour, baking soda , salt and cinnamon.Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk for two to three minutes until light and fluffy using your egg beater.Do not over whisk.
- Add the flour mix to butter and sugar mixture and fold softly just to bring everything together.Do not knead.
- Divide the dough into about 24 equal parts and make them into balls.
- Line your cookie sheet with wax paper/aluminium foil and lay the cookies on the sheet about 1/2″ apart from each other.Lightly press each ball to about 1/2″ thk. Put few almonds [if using] press them on to the balls gently.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 to 14 minutes or until cookies are lightly gold brown.Mine took 11 minutes sharp.
- Remove the sheet from the oven. Let the cookies cool down for two to three minutes before taking them off the cookie sheet
|Calories460Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.