These marinaded tidbits of pork with grill fruit are good as a meal or even as an appetizer. Serve with Countryside Couscous and grilled asparagus.
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin (cut in 3-inch strips, 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 pineapple (small, cut in spears, OR 1 17-oz can pineapple chunks)
- 4 peaches (pitted and quartered)
- 6 apricots (halved)
- 6 plums (halved)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons port
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Marinate pork strips in Apricot Barbecue Sauce overnight or at least 2 hours. Drain strips and reserve sauce for basting. Thread strips on skewers. Brush skewered pork with reserved sauce and place on lightly greased grill over direct heat. Grill for about 7 minutes, turning skewers occasionally. Brush meat with sauce; continue to turn skewered strips about 4 minutes or until done. About 10 minutes before serving, thread pineapple spears, apricots, peaches and plum halves on skewers. Brush fruit with Wine and Honey Baste before and during grilling. Serve when heated through.
- Apricot Barbecue Sauce: Combine thoroughly 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup wine vinegar, 1/2 cup apricot nectar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder.
- Wine and Honey Baste: Combine thoroughly 2 tablespoons Port, 3 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoons melted butter.