These Apple, Cinnamon, and Cardamom Cream dessert ramekins combine all the best things about fresh apple pie and ice cream into one individually portioned dessert. Sauteed in butter, diced apples and raisins are spooned into the bottom of the ramekin to which is added the cinnamon and cardamom cream. Bake time is 30 minutes. Leave a few hours to refrigerate before serving. A great fall flavored dessert for those surprisingly warm autumn afternoons.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 apples (peeled and sectioned)
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 eggs
- 80 grams sugar
- 500 milliliters whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cardamom pods
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Grease 4 to 5 individual ramekins.
- In a sauce pot, melt the butter. Saute the apple slices and raisins in the melted butter on low heat for a few minutes until golden.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, whole egg, and sugar until creamy and lighter in color.
- In another sauce pot, heat the milk with the cinnamon and cardamom pods. Remove the cardamom pods and whisk the milk mixture into the egg/sugar mixture.
- Spoon a bit of the apple/raisin mixture into the bottom of each ramekin. Pour the milky mixture on top.
- Place the ramekins inside a baking dish and fill the dish with hot water halfway up the side of the ramekins. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate the cream pots a few hours before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.