- 1 1/4 cups flour (sef-rising)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt, I used light sour cream)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or DAVE’s vanilla and coffee syrup)
- 1/2 lemon (1 tablespoon)
- 1 apple (peeled, cored, cut into 1/4″ dice)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 pear (peeled, cored,cut into 1/4″ dice)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 12 cup muffin tin with liners and spray with baking spray. Line a tray with almond slices and sit in oven for 4-5 minutes until almonds are just starting to toast, but not brown. Remove pan and let cool.
- Place flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside
- In a mixer beat 1/2 cup of the butter and sugar until creamed. Add one egg at a time until mixed. Scrape down sides of mixer and add sour cream, zest and vanilla blend.
- Add flour ingredients and mix until just blended (do not over-mix)
- Remove bowl from mixer and by hand add apple and cherries, mixing.
- Spoon mixture into each cup filling about 2/3 of the way.
- In a small bowl combine, pear, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter and almonds and combine.
- Place on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center of a muffin comes out clean.
PER SERVING *
|Calories780Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.