Apple jam with Pedro Ximenez sherryKooking
Finding the perfect dinner when you are craving a decadent dish that will be hearty and healthy is sometimes hard to find. This dish for Apple jam with Pedro Ximenez sherry is sweet, savory and hearty. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your family and friends with a delicious dinner this week. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 2 apples (Reineta del Bierzo,, russet)
- 1/2 sugar (apple's weight in)
- sherry (Pedro Ximenez, generous splash)
- 1Peel and chop the apples. The smaller the pieces, the better.
- 2Place in a saucepan, cover with sugar and Pedro Ximenez sherry and marinate for 1 hour. Cook on low heat and stir until the apple is well cooked (about half an hour). Use a blender for a thinner jam.
- 3Pour into sterilized jars while it is still hot, close, and boil the jars upside down for 20 minutes.