Apple and Yogurt PuddingO Meu Tempero
This pudding is more akin to British style steamed puddings than the creamy variety that are childhood favorites, meaning it is utterly moist and delicious through and through. It's made with grated apples added to the batter, with some apples quartered and arranged around the bottom of the pan, so when the pudding is unmolded the tender apples will form the topping. Serve warm or at room temperature, dusted with ground cinnamon if desired.
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams all-purpose flour
- 50 grams margarine (softened)
- 3 plain yogurt
- 3 apples
- 2 eggs
- ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2In a bowl, mix sugar and flour.
- 3Add margarine, yogurt and eggs.
- 4Grate 2 1/2 apples.
- 5Add grated apples to flour mixture and stir well.
- 6Grease a loaf pan with margarine and dust the bottom with flour and sugar.
- 7Cut remaining apple half into quarters and core.
- 8Cut apple quarters into thin slices and place on top of the sugar in the pan.
- 9Pour batter in pan.
- 10Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until firm.
- 11Allow to cool, remove from pan and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.