Embrace the beginning of fall with this recipe for Apple and Soy Pie. The crust for this tasty pie is made with a mixture of soya and regular flour and lightly flavored with grated tonka bean for a light vanilla flavor. Covered with a thick layer of peach jam, the crust is then topped with a layer of sliced apples and a sprinkling of hazelnuts that is drizzled with agave syrup. Baked until crisp and golden, this pie is full of sweet and crunchy autumn flavor. Prepare the dough at least two hours beforehand so that it can chill, overnight is preferable.
- 60 grams soy flour
- 60 grams flour
- 60 grams powdered sugar
- 100 grams salted butter (chilled and cut into small pieces)
- 1 egg yolk
- bean (Grated Tonka)
- soy milk
- 2 tablespoons peach jam
- 3 golden delicious apples (small)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (or acacia honey)
- hazelnuts (coarsely chopped)
- Combine the two types of flour in a bowl and add the powdered sugar, the butter, and a pinch of grated Tonka bean.
- Use the tips of your fingers to combine the ingredients into an oatmeal-like consistency.
- Add the egg yolk and a few tablespoons of milk, if necessary, and knead quickly.
- Once the dough is uniform in consistency, cover it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 2 hours, overnight is recommended.
- Roll out the dough and place it in a pie plate lined with wax paper, make holes in the bottom of the pie crust with a fork and add a generous amount of jam.
- Peel the apples and slice them, not too thinly, then place them over the jam filling, covering the surface completely.
- Pour the agave syrup over the apples, then sprinkle with a generous amount of chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake at 170C for approximately 50 minutes, then place the pie under the broiler for the last 5 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool.
PER SERVING *
|Calories530Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.