This apple and pumpkin crumble is super easy to make and comes together in about 45 minutes. By making it in individual jars, this is the perfect dessert for a autumn dinner party. The crumble is flavored with a warming combination of cinnamon, cardamom, and hazelnuts which all perfectly accent the apple and pumpkin base. Serve these while they are still a little warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dallop of whipped cream and dusting of cinnamon.
- 3 apples (cored and cubed)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- jam (Pumpkin, as needed)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts (coarsely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Using individual glass jars or muffin tins, grease each jar with cooking spray or butter, covering all sides and edges well as the fruit tends to bubble.
- Place the jars on a cookie tray and set them aside.
- In a bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients except the pumpkin mix and stir well.
- Scoop a large spoonful of the pumpkin mix into the bottom of each jar, and then add the filling ingredients until the jars or tins are almost full.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients for the crumble and stir until well mixed.
- Top each jar or tin with the filling, sprinkling any extra hazelnuts on top. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the filling begins to bubble and the crumble turns a light golden brown.
PER SERVING *
|Calories520Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.