This recipe for Apple and Nut Tart is the perfect sweet addition to the end of any evening meal. Incorporating diced apples and rum soaked raisins and chopped apricots into the batter, this tart has a rich harmony of flavors that makes it an ideal d…
ssert for the wintertime. Chopped nuts both in the batter and sprinkled on top of the tart add a satisfying crunch to each bite. Bake time is 40 to 45 minutes.
- 60 grams raisins
- 60 grams dried apricots
- 200 milliliters rum
- 4 apples (medium, peeled and sliced)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 4 eggs
- 125 milliliters sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 milliliters cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 125 grams butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup nuts (choice)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and flour a large oven-proof baking dish.
- Add the raisins and apricots to a bowl and cover them with rum. Microwave them 1 minute on high to start the infusion them remove them to soak and cool.
- Pour lemon juice over the apple slices so they do not brown.
- In a large bowl, cream together the eggs and sugar. They should combine and get lighter in color. At the end, mix in the salt.
- Sift into the bowl the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.. Mix until combined.
- Carefully fold in the melted butter.
- Drain the raisins and apricots and chop the apricots. Mix them with the apples and 1/2 the nuts and fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and finish by sprinkling the top with the remaining 1/2 of the nuts.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until set. Cool in the same dish before serving.
|Calories420Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.