Apple and Cinnamon JamAnanás e Hortelã
There's no reason not to make apple jam from scratch when it's so easy to do -- and when you find yourself with a bounty of fruit after a visit to the U-pick orchard. Enlist family and friends to help peel and cut up the apples, then it's just a matter of combining with water, sugar, and cinnamon sticks and watching and stirring ocasionally until the mixture reaches the proper thickness.
- 1 kilogram apples
- 100 milliliters water
- 600 grams sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes.
- 2In a large pan over medium heat, add the apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon sticks.
- 3When the mixture starts to boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 45 to 60 minutes.
- 4Remove the cinnamon stick and puree the mixture with a hand blender.
- 5Bring to a boil again, lower temperature and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat, pour the jam in sterilized jars, and store.